DIY Holy Granoly
September 9, 2013
All you need is:
3 cups grain - we used the "old fashioned" Quaker rolled oats
1 to 1/12 cups nuts - we got a bag of mixed almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts
1/2 to 3/4 cup sweetener - we used honey
1/4 to 1/2 cup oil
1 tsp kosher salt or 3/4 tsp regular salt
1 to 2 cups seeds - we used sunflower seeds
1 cup dried fruit (after baking) - we used cranberries
1 tsp spices - we used cinnamon
additional ingredient options:
Any of your favorite dried fruits
1. Measure grains, nuts, seeds, salt & spices into a large bowl
2. Add sweeteners & oils
3. Stir, stir, stir
Wearing SoulMakes bracelets
4. Spread out onto a large baking sheet, we recommend packing it down to get larger chunks
5. Bake it in the oven at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or more, stirring around 30 minutes
6. Stop when granola looks toasty and brown. Take a nice big whiff of the delicious aroma!
7. Let the granola sit in the pan until cool, then store in a super cute air tight container
The most important step: Eat some and share with friends! This would make a tasty gift too!
We loved this super simple recipe! You can really have fun with it and add your own ingredients. We plan on making a lot more. Next time we want to try coconut and dark chocolate and we want to mix in different dried fruits! The aroma of granola cooking in the oven is so delicious, I wish we could have taken a picture of it for you! Its such a warm, inviting smell and the scent of cinnamon swirling around really gets me in the mood for fall!
I hope you guys try this one and have a beautiful day!
|<< Older Post||← Back To Blog||Newer Post >>|